Q.

How many sprigs are in a pound of fresh sage?

Trackback |     
A.

Because of how widely sage leaves can vary in size (and therefore weight), we’re not able to give a helpful estimate of the number of sprigs in each pound.  However, we can tell you that you can generally assume that sage leaves will account for 60% of each pound of sage, with the other 40% being the stems.

Thus, for each pound of bulk sage you buy, you can plan on ending up with roughly 9.6 ounces of usable sage leaves.

– Question Submitted by Becky




Post your comment here: